F5: Blueberry, apple, peach
F6: Oats, apricot, pear, prune
D6: Carrot, cauliflower, pea
TO7: Beef, spinach, broccoli
TO8: Chicken, sweetcorn, rice
Click here for
Introducing Baby Tastes
A tasty, wholesome introduction to solids
So it's time to introduce your baby to the wonderful world of solids.
For your baby this is the start of a lifetime relationship with food. You want it to be a happy healthy beginning.
Introducing Baby Tastes, a range of super easy, wonderfully nutritious, healthy baby food that is ideal for babies and mums.
Developed by Vanessa Simcock of Exquisite Tastes, this range will help you introduce your baby, one delicious step at a time, to a new world of taste, texture and colour.
Exquisite Tastes – background and reason for making baby food
Exquisite Tastes is an exclusive, up-market catering company that has been preparing food for adults and children alike for the past decade. As a mother of 2, Vanessa Simcock, owner and founder of Exquisite Tastes, found a gap in the market for home made, 100% natural baby food that has texture and, most importantly, tastes good and is nutritious.
What’s so special about our food?
- 100% homemade.
- No additives, preservatives, stablizers
- No colourants, added sugar or salt
- 80% organic and free range ingredients
- Easy and convenient to store – food can be frozen for up to 2 months
- Easy to heat – microwave on high for 40 – 70 seconds
- Convenient quantities, little waste as you will soon work out how many cubes your baby will eat per meal
- Easy for nannies and care givers to prepare babies food
- Variety of meals due to the combinations you can mix
Why is our food lumpy?
- Chewing strengthens cheek and jaw muscles for normal speech development
- Teeth are not necessary for chewing – babies use their gums
- Chewing will enhance babies’ ability to talk sooner and can reduce learning issues later in life
- Lumpy foods can also help prevent issues of tactile dysfunction in later development
- If some food is initially too lumpy, just mash a little more with a fork
- Persist with lumpy food even if your baby gags or even vomits, they will very quickly get used to the consistency
- Pureed fruits and vegetables don’t allow your baby to fully engage with what she is eating
Heating and preparing Baby Tastes foods
- Remove the required number of cubes from ice trays
- Place in a microwavable container
- Microwave cubes on high for 40 – 70 seconds until thawed through
- It is recommended that you do not microwave the ice tray
- Mix well and make sure food is not too hot to feed to baby
- Never re-use or re-heat food that baby has already eaten from